After some weeks using my Samsung note 10.1 I wanted to expand its possibilities and be able to transfer the screen image to my TV.
Mainly to make presentations with the images that I’ve created using the s-pen and summarizing meetings etc. etc. using S-Note.
How did I do that
I bought the optional HDMI adapter for the Tab 2 and Note 10.1 and tried it out.
Here is what worked for me:
- Connect a standard HDMI cable to my monitor (not included in the package)
- Plug the adapter into the tablet.
- Plug the power adapter (came with the tablet) into a outlet
- Hook up the USB cable (came with the tablet) to the power adapter and the HDMI adapter.
- Plug the HDMI cable into the adapter
How do I like the adapter?
- Good for:
- Desk – presentations (where you are sitting behind a desk)
- ‘home’ projections from tablet
- Not good for
- Presentations where you are walking
- Situations where the beamer is located on the ceiling.
- It works, making a nice addition to your tab.
- It does rotate (not shown on the video / images) the screen image
- Expands the possibilities of your tab for professional- and home usage.
- Not so nice
- You need a power adapter (so you need an outlet and the USB power adapter + cable)
- The length of this cable (and that of the HDMI cable) is reducing your ‘freedom of movement’
- Sturdy HDMI cables make holding the tablet not too comfortable
- Only native resolution of 1280 x 720
Does it work with other Samsung tablets?
Since I only own the Note 10.1 and know the content of the box, I can only say it will work on the Tab 2 and the Note 10.1. Maybe it will work on others too, but I cannot confirm or deny this.
I have also created a video walkthrough for those who like to see ´it´ in action: